Niagara Community Needs AssessmentJust right here an individual are invariably desired, coupled with wheel of fortune you haven’t any similar!
- Go to our website and get book of ra online free. Hurry up to go and start winning.
- Children under the age of 14 make up 15.5% of Niagara’s population. That is almost 67,000 children who could benefit from The Challenge.
- Our data demonstrates that there are high intentions at birth for children’s health.
- Our data demonstrates that Niagara’s children have many diet and activity behaviours that contribute to the development of obesity.
- Niagara’s children have higher rates of asthma and heart disease compared to the Provincial average.
- 55.5% of people living in Niagara do so within deprived areas, 21.9% of those are ages 0-17.
- One third of food bank users in Niagara are children.
- We have an adult low literacy rate of 31% and unemployment of 8.3%. Self reported adult obesity rates in Niagara are 48.4%. These and other factors collide to create negative health outcomes for Niagara’s children.
Assets, Barriers and Opportunities
- Diverse Geography
- Prevalence of Community Service Agencies
- Robust community research, education, programming, and services like .
- Untapped opportunities for shared resources, expertise, and collaboration.
- Opportunity to encourage active transportation.
Community Capacity and Resources
- Steering Committee brings representatives from municipalities, community service agencies, and school boards across Niagara together to meet on the objectives and goals of The Challenge.
- Niagara’s 12 municipalities.
- Private sector engagement.
- Peripheral public and private funding opportunities.
- School Boards will play a valuable role in identifying, implementing and promoting healthy lifestyle interventions across Niagara.
- Engaging post-secondary learning institutions.
- Community agencies and networks.
- Child Care Centres, Parent & Family Literacy Centres, and Ontario Early Years Centres.
- High profile sports figures, professional sports teams, and community figures.
- Concerned citizens.